Tonight, the Kings thrashed the Devils in Game 6 to win the 2012 Stanley Cup. For the first time in their 45 years of playing NHL hockey, the Kings are the King. The Staples Center erupted as the final seconds counted down. A swarm of black jerseys swarm the ice in celebration.
The great hockey tradition of two teams skating in line to shake hands with
their opponent had the Devils, who fought hard all season, congratulating the Kings as the Stanley Cup will stay in Los Angeles.
Thinking back to the early season, who would have thought the Kings would hoist the Cup? But what a run, not since the Great One, Wayne Gretzky, skated in the the then yellow and purple, has the city erupted in the singular joy that is the victory in the Cup finals.
Hockey’s Con Smythe Trophy belongs to Los Angeles this year it is riding in the back seat of Jonathan Quick‘s car. He is the league’s MVP for 2012.
The Cup came out onto the ice. Fans thrilled seeing it and believing the Kings will have it all year.
Los Angeles Kings, 2012 Stanley Cup winners.
HEY GUYS! NO PRACTICE TOMORROW
- Do We Really Need To Worry About The Kings Losing The Stanley Cup? (947thewave.radio.com)
- L.A. Kings look to win first Stanley Cup (edition.cnn.com)
- Stanley Cup Finals: 2012 Stanley Cup Finals – Kings Fighting Fatigue, as Well as Devils (nytimes.com)
- Stanley Cup waiting for L.A. Kings at Hollywood sign? (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- 2012 Stanley Cup Final: For Many LA Kings Faithful, Being On The Verge Of A Championship Is All Too Surreal (frozenroyalty.net)
- Stanley Cup shifts to L.A. with both Kings and Devils chasing history (thehockeynews.com)
- Where will Lord Stanley’s Cup go? – A Stanley Cup Final Preview (runforfunblog.wordpress.com)