An optical illusion (also called a visual illusion) is characterized by visually perceived images that differ from objective reality. The information gathered by the eye is processed in the brain to give a perception that does not tally with a physical measurement of the stimulus source. There are three main types: literal optical illusions that create images that are different from the objects that make them, physiological ones that are the effects on the eyes and brain of excessive stimulation of a specific type (brightness, colour, size, position, tilt, movement), and cognitive illusions, the result of unconscious inferences. Pretty cool, huh?
- Need RESUME help? ( SawyerTMS.com)
- High Roll Dice (HighRollDice.com)
- Voice for America – Patriot Express Radio (PatriotExpressRadio.com)
- Visit StrategicDiversity.com today!
- Revealing Marilyn Optical Illusion (moillusions.com)
- Boyfriend’s optical illusion selcas receive attention (allkpop.com)
- You Won’t Believe This Pool is Just an Optical Illusion (techeblog.com)
- Freddie Mercury to Appear as an “Optical Illusion” at Queen Show (pitchfork.com)
- Download Designs for Coloring: Optical Art book (zoubiem.typepad.com)
- This Optical Illusion That Blends the Mona Lisa With Manga Will Blow Your Mind (gizmodo.co.uk)
- Downloads Trick of the Eye: Art and Illusion (soomqua.typepad.com)
- Superb Lego Optical Illusions (curiousatekka.wordpress.com)
- New Optical Illusions Expose More Foibles of the Brain | Best Illusions of 2012 (illuminutti.com)