Waffles coming up. What is better than a nice hot waffle to go with that steaming cup of French Roast? What are you waiting for? Stop waffling and start waffling!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
Preheat waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Maybe even read the instructions before use. You do realize that if you turn over the waffle iron before the batter sets it just spills out onto the table. Melt your butter in a small pan or one of those little melting pots if you have one.
Grab a large bowl, they always seem to work better, and combine your flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. In another bowl, beat together milk and eggs. Whisk liquid mixture into dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in melted butter. Brush hot waffle iron with butter. Spoon about 1/2 cup of batter onto iron and close to cook. This first waffle will be the tester. Cook waffle until golden brown. Remove to plate and keep warm. Then top with all the good stuff you have been craving. Warm syrup, bacon, blackberries, ice cream, powdered sugar, or anything else you can dream up.
- Carrot Cake revisited .. (madelinenel.wordpress.com)
- Cook Packaged Cinnamon Rolls in Your Waffle Maker [Breakfast] (lifehacker.com)
- How to make waffles (belgianwafles.wordpress.com)
- Hawaiian Waffles with Macadamia Nuts (belgianwafles.wordpress.com)
- Belgium: Belgian Waffles (belgianwafles.wordpress.com)