Men, here are some basic rules to follow while texting, tweeting, and or Facebooking.
- Do not “poke” another man under any circumstances. This is not manful.
- No winky faces, i.e.😉 or🙂 or anything close…ever. You are not still wearing black socks and hard shoes with shorts are you? Ok, just checking.
- Men never LOL at anything. C’mon man, LOL is a chick thing. You know that without me having to tell you.
- If you know what OMG means, I would consider you at risk for social media strife.
- Never write on someone’s then call the person 83 times within 20 minutes to laugh about what you posted. There is a reason they are not answering after 83 tries.
- Don’t attack anything or anybody for the sole purpose of getting attention.
- Don’t post an asinine “deep transcendental meaning message” unless your first name is Yogi.
- Are you watching “Real Housewives of ______________” then posting about it? STOP THAT!
- Don’t tweet out a primal scream of 140 uppercase A’s with no breaks. Do I really have to remind you?
- Don’t text, tweet, or message your girlfriend endlessly morning to night…. She won’t be your girlfriend no more!
NEVER PUBLISH A PHOTO OF YOU WALKING A POODLE. It’s hell on what’s left of your tough guy image.
- Men: Don’t make these social media mistakes! (dpatlarge.wordpress.com)
- 25 Things That Make You Look Dumb on Twitter (blogs.constantcontact.com)
- Taking Social Media to the Next Level (openforum.com)
- Men Are from Reddit, Women Are from Pinterest (thecontentlab.icrossing.com)
- Twitter is an eclectic party with weird gatecrashers. Lazy hacks should stop mistaking its reactions for news (blogs.telegraph.co.uk)
- 5 Scary Mistakes to Avoid on Facebook (entrepreneur.com)