prison. He is serving a 9 – 33 year sentence. His last court appearance was 2008.
As is the custom in any court proceeding, the marshal warned the crowd not to try to communicate with Simpson in any way. Simpson entered the courtroom in cuffs.
The charges originally brought up against Simpson are related to his confrontation in 2007 with two sports memorabilia dealers. Simpson maintains that they were in possession of his personal momentos including family photographs. Simpson was charged with robbery and kidnapping at the Palace Station casino hotel in Las Vegas. Palace Station is owned by Stations Casinos of Las Vegas.
- O.J. Simpson appears cuffed in Las Vegas courtroom seeking new trial (vindy.com)
- OJ bid for new trial starting in Las Vegas court (sacbee.com)
- O.J. Simpson in Court Pushing for New Trial (ktla.com)
- 5 Things to Know about OJ Simpson’s court date (cnsnews.com)
- OJ returns to Las Vegas court in bid for new trial (fresnobee.com)
- Here’s What O.J. Simpson Looks Like These Days (deadspin.com)
- O.J. Simpson hoping for a new trial (wptv.com)
- O.J. Simpson Looking For A “Hail Mary” (lasvegasconfidential.wordpress.com)
- O.J. Simpson Petitioning Court For New Trial (miami.cbslocal.com)
- OJ Simpson Returns To Vegas Court In Quest For New Trial (losangeles.cbslocal.com)