Warriors fans killed in shooting
NBA fans killed after playoff game.
Two men, identified as residents of Contra Costa County, apparently were headed home from the game on Interstate 880 in a white 2010 Porsche Panamera when someone in a dark-colored SUV opened fire with a semi-automatic pistol, killing the driver, 30-year-old Christopher Beardon. The 28-year-old passenger, Terrance Marks, fled the car or was ejected as it struck the guardrail and veered into traffic, and he was struck and killed by another car. He also had been shot.
Police are seeking help from fans who attended the game and studying surveillance video from Oracle Arena in hopes of identifying possible suspects. The victims were outfitted in Warriors gear and had ticket stubs from the game, according to Oakland police spokeswoman Johnna Watson, who spoke to local news outlets.
Police do not believe it was a road rage incident based on the evidence, including the number of shots fired.
The freeway was shut down for hours, snarling traffic leaving the Warriors’ season-ending 94-82 loss to the San Antonio Spurs.
- Warriors fans killed in shooting (pomclub.wordpress.com)
- I-880 shootings: Two killed on Oakland freeway (mercurynews.com)
- Warriors fans killed: Two fans gunned down in car following Golden State game (examiner.com)
- I-880 shootings: Two Warriors fans in Porsche Panamera killed on Oakland freeway (mercurynews.com)
- Warriors Lose In The Playoffs Against The Spurs (mjloweblog.wordpress.com)
- 2 Warriors fans shot, killed on I-880 – SFGate (coralvillecourier.typepad.com)
- Spurs hold off Warriors, advance to West finals (sacbee.com)
- Highway Shootout In Oakland Leaves 2 Dead (sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com)
- Spurs hold off Warriors, advance to West finals (miamiherald.com)