Charlie Sheen Changes Name Back to Carlos Estevez
Though Sheen told Univision last year, “I don’t wake up feeling Latino. I’m a white guy in America,” it seems he’s once again ready to embrace his Latino heritage after changing his name to Charlie at the age of 4. Though Sheen’s decision to go by Charlie was simply to avoid confusion with an uncle also named Carlos, when he became an actor, he took on the last name Sheen to follow in the footsteps of his father Martin Sheen. On the other hand, his brotherEmilio Estevez kept his birth name.
Martin Sheen has expressed his sadness at not using his birth name, Ramon Gerardo Antonio Estevez.In a 2003 appearance on Inside the Actors Studio, he told James Lipton, “One of my great regrets is that I didn’t keep my name as it was given to me. I knew it bothered my dad.”
Hopefully his son’s recent decision to go by Carlos Estevez, even temporarily, will make papa proud!
- Charlie Sheen Changes Name Back to Carlos Estevez (seattlepi.com)
- Sheen Changes Name: Charlie Sheen Reverts Back To Estevez For Next Role (contactmusic.com)
- Move Over Charlie Sheen and Make Room for Carlos Estevez (glambergirlblog.com)
- Charlie Sheen Goes FULL LATINO in ‘Machete Kills’ — Call Me Carlos (tmz.com)
- Charlie Sheen to Go By Carlos Estevez in ‘Machete Kills’ (hispanicallyspeakingnews.com)
- Will Charlie Sheen’s antics inspire the next party craze? (costumediscounters.com)
- Charlie Sheen goes back to his roots, star goes by Carlos Estevez for upcoming ‘Machete Kills’ (irishcentral.com)
- Charlie Sheen to change his name back to Carlos Estevez for film role (digitalspy.co.uk)
- Why Charlie Sheen now wants to be called “Carlos Estevez” (nbclatino.com)
- Charlie Sheen’s Winning Recipes – Just Add Tigerblood! (epiphanysearch.co.uk)