Garlic is good for you!
Once upon a time it was used as currency. In the days of the pharaohs, ancient Egyptians considered garlic so valuable that they placed it in tombs, including in King Tut’s. Ancient Greeks gave it to Olympian athletes for strength and stamina. In India, 5,000-year-old Sanskrit records describe its curative properties.
Garlic Reduces Cholesterol
There many studies confirming that garlic in several forms can reduce cholesterol. (Silagy CS, Neil HAW, 1994, The Journal of the Royal College of Physicians, Vol 28 No 1:39-45)
Garlic is an Aphrodisiac
Tibetan monks were forbidden from entering the monasteries if they had eaten garlic.
It stirs up passions due to it’s ability to increase the circulation.
Garlic is an Antioxidant
Researchers have widely believed that the organic compound, allicin, which gives garlic its aroma and flavour, acts as the world’s most powerful antioxidant. But until now it hasn’t been clear how allicin works, or how it stacks up compared to more common antioxidants such as Vitamin E and coenzym.
Traditional Chinese medicine used of garlic for more than 3,000 years. Current research is trying to determine the role it could play in treating many health problems such as heart disease and stroke to possibly helping to prevent cancer and increasing your immune system.
Garlic is an Antibiotic
The allicin in garlic is also a powerful antibiotic, which fights infection and bacteria. British researchers gave 146 people either a placebo or a garlic extract for 12 weeks. The garlic takers were two-thirds less likely to catch a cold. Other studies suggest that garlic lovers who chow more than six cloves a week have a 30 percent lower rate of colorectal cancer and a 50 percent lower rate of stomach cancer. Garlic helps to open clogged sinuses.
- 3 Ways with Spring Green Garlic (williams-sonoma.com)
- Experimental Slimming World-Friendly garlic bread (howtomakelifebetter.wordpress.com)
- Benefits of Garlic (reflectionswithrhonda.com)
- Benefits of Garlic (deardoctormom.wordpress.com)
- GARLIC GARLIC GARLIC Oh My 😀 (lisakwalker.wordpress.com)
- Wonder Garlic not just Used for Keeping Away Vampires (healthbeautyessante.wordpress.com)
- Natural Cold Remedies (healing.answers.com)
- Garifuna’s Medicine of Love | Gifiti (thewordpressguide.wordpress.com)
- Garlic Soup Made With 52 Cloves of Garlic Can Defeat Colds, Flu and Even Norovirus (healthimpactnews.com)
- Garlic Benefits (benefitsofseaweed.wordpress.com)