Pray for Nelson Mandela
The South African activist and former president Nelson Mandela (1918-) helped bring an end to apartheid and has been a global advocate for human rights. A member of the African National Congress party beginning in the 1940s, he was a leader of both peaceful protests and armed resistance against the white minority’s oppressive regime in a racially divided South Africa. His actions landed him in prison for nearly three decades and made him the face of the antiapartheid movement both within his country and internationally. Released in 1990, he participated in the eradication of apartheid and in 1994 became the first black president of South Africa, forming a multiethnic government to oversee the country’s transition. Since retiring from politics in 1999, he has remained a devoted champion for peace and social justice in his own nation and around the world.
This is one of our own folks. I real human being. Who in the face of danger uncertainty, and peril, smiled, then choose to lead.
- * Follow us on twitter at @dpatlarge
- * email your comments, questions and selfies to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Here is a link to a funny story that will make you laugh. I promise! -dp
- Nelson Mandela now in critical condition in South Africa hospital (familysurvivalprotocol.com)
- BREAKING: Nelson Mandela On Life Support (huffingtonpost.com)
- Nelson Mandela a Man of Many Faces (guardianlv.com)
- Nelson Mandela – (South) Africa has to let him go (doubleaad.wordpress.com)
- Nelson Mandela On Life Support (4umf.com)
- Reports – Nelson Mandela Removed From Life Support (netnewsledger.com)