Deen parts with agent after racial slur fallout. Yep, she CHOPPED her agent.
This was announced on Thursday. Paula Deen, taking a page out of the POTUS playbook, announced Thursday, a National holiday, when everyone is OFF and not looking, that she has cut business ties with the agent who made her a Food Network star. I think the call went something like…Barry, I am afraid you are chopped. Oops, different show.
The same agent who made her a media star and built that now crumbled merchandise empire hauling in an estimated 17 million a year.
She gave no reason for her parting with Weiner. The announcement came in a prepared statement.
Of course they released a statement, and you know, she thanked him, blah, blah, blah.
Two weeks ago, Paula Deen was flying high. Now she is FRYIN’ low. Her empire is in a shambles. Company after company dumped her. The pipeline of Paula Deen stuff is starting to empty.
Weiner worked to turn Deen into media star. Before Deen was a comfort-food queen since she was little more than a Savannah restaurant owner and self-publisher of cookbooks who earned raves for her fried chicken.
Deen wrote in her book that Weiner must have tried for two years to get her on TV.
Deen’s business deals began falling apart after she was questioned under oath in May as part of a civil lawsuit filed last year by Lisa Jackson, a former manager of Uncle Bubba’s Seafood and Oyster House, which Deen co-owns with her brother. Jackson says she was sexually harassed and worked in an environment rife with racial slurs and innuendo.
That was the beginning of the end. That’s all it took. One admission under oath that she uttered the “N” word and two weeks.
At this point who cares really? Big companies with their sponsorship millions are so worried about being politically correct 24/7 that they flit around not knowing who is watching. Well, we know who is watching…. I bet 3 weeks ago, half of the US had no idea who Paula Deen was anyway.
- Paula Deen Dumps Her Agent Amid Scandal (webpronews.com)
- Paula Deen parts with agent after racial slur fallout (cbsnews.com)
- Deen parts with agent after racial slur fallout (newsok.com)
- Devouring Paula Deen (canadafreepress.com)
- Paula Deen On ‘Dancing With the Stars’? (myq105.cbslocal.com)
- Paula Deen parts with agent after racial slur fallout (savannahnow.com)
- Walmart Pulls Paula Deen Products After Controversy (arkansasmatters.com)
- Deen parts with agent after racial slur fallout (denverpost.com)
- Chef ends business relationship with agent after racial slur admission devastates empire (macleans.ca)
- Paula Deen chops her agent (dpatlarge.wordpress.com)
- * Follow us on twitter at @dpatlarge
- * email your comments, questions and selfies to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Here is a link to a funny story that will make you laugh. I promise! -dp