With the Jodi Arias trial reaching its climactic moment on Wednesday, the eyes of the nation turned, as they always do, to Nancy Grace.
The HLN anchor has always been controversial for her deeply emotional, over-the-top style, but she is never less than compulsively watchable. As the verdict in the trial was announced, Grace’s name was trending higher than Arias herself.
And with good reason. Grace was her usual out-there self, barking out stemwinder after stemwinder as she waited for the verdict to be handed down.
At one point, she went on a long monologue about murder victim Travis Alexander, choking up as she lingered over an image of his “decomposing” body and speculating about how any mothers watching might be feeling if their son was murdered. (Hint: they’d be sad.)
As the verdict approached, Grace began getting increasingly agitated:
After Arias was found guilty, Grace choked up again, and she took on a cadence previously seen when Walter Cronkite talked about the Kennedy assassination.
“There is a verdict,” she said dramatically. “Guilty on murder one.”
– ed note ”Nancy is no Cronkite”
- Jodi Arias turns Phoenix into national spectacle (azfamily.com)
- Nancy Grace Gives Tearful Reaction To Jodi Arias Conviction (mediaite.com)
- Nancy Grace parking lot ‘satellite’ interview with Ashleigh Banfield goes viral (examiner.com)
- WATCH: Nancy Grace Gets Jodi Arias’s Beauty Tips (huffingtonpost.com)
- Nancy Grace Delivers Reliably Bonkers Coverage Of Jodi Arias Trial (huffingtonpost.com)
- Nancy Grace ‘locks eyes’ with Arias (abc15.com)
- Verdict reached in the Jodi Arias trial (abcactionnews.com)
- As Her Jury Deliberates, Jodi Arias Slams HLN’s Nancy Grace On Twitter (mediaite.com)
- Phoenix jury reaches verdict in Jodi Arias trial (miamiherald.com)
- Verdict reached in Jodi Arias trial (wptv.com)